Major Market Opportunity for OLEDs in Flat Panel Displays
OLEDs are considered to be today’s “ultimate” flat panel display technology because of their:
- Potential for flexible displays: curved surfaces and non-breakable.
- Thinnest displays.
- Brilliant black levels: can produce absolute black without blooming.
- Excellent contrast ratio: better picture quality.
- Improved viewing angles with excellent off-axis picture quality.
- Potentially low energy consumption.
OLEDs have the potential for use in specialist and designer lighting applications. In comparison to fluorescent or LED lighting OLEDs:
- Have higher colour rendering index (CRI).
- Generate more pleasing smooth and diffuse white light with better colour rendition.
- Enable “design colour” on demand.
- Provide new design opportunities for architects.
Lomox® offer a complete solution processable OLED material set.
- Cross-linkable & photo-patternable red, green and blue emissive materials.
- Cross-linkable & photo-patternable host materials.
- Cross-linkable & photo-patternable hole-transport materials.
Lomox® OLED materials:
Solution processable materials
- Simple device fabrication.
- Enables deposition on large size substrates.
- Compatible with a large variety of deposition techniques.
- Cheaper device fabrication.
Printed multilayer devices
- Cross-linkable materials enable printable multilayer devices.
- UV light can be used to crosslink the materials and give the desired pixel size and shape.
- Printable pixel sizes sub 10 µm to enable production of ultra-high resolution small and micro-displays.
Colour and functionality tuneable molecular design
- Lomox cross-linking technology can be aliped to red, green and blue emissive materials, host materials, and charge transporting materials such as hole-transport materials.
- Light emitted from the OLED vibrates in a single plane, without the use of polarizers. Increases the brightness of the OLED compared to one with polarizers.
Lomox® OLED materials are compatible with all common solution processing techniques, such as:
slot-die, spin-coating and ink-jet printing techniques.